Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Clocking in and out...

Posted 10-17-2018 14:14
    Do any of you amazing and talented folks happen to know of or have an app and/or a computer program that lets students "clock" in and out? Specifically, I am looking for something that will then give me a report of who was there and when. Right now I am using paper, but I really want to try and go paperless if at all possible.

------------------------------
    Kind Regards,

Jared Wright
    Thomaston GA

• 2.  RE: Clocking in and out...

Posted 10-17-2018 14:24
    I am on paper also...maybe share a google doc??

Erika Trahan
    Kaplan LA

• 3.  RE: Clocking in and out...

Posted 10-17-2018 23:43
    Nice idea...I like it! :)
    We use one at school for hourly employees, but it is subscription-based.

Here is a pretty nice list. 7 Handy iPhone Apps for Managing Employee Time

This option looks promising. ‎TimeClock ST

Dawn Lichty
    Technical Director/Teacher
    Auburn Hills MI

• 4.  RE: Clocking in and out...

Posted 10-18-2018 07:17
    I was just thinking about this too.  There was a discussion on one of the forums--I think it might have been the DTA Facebook page (but I belong to many and it may be another one) and someone was talking about how they used a QR code that students would scan when they walked in and when the walked out.  It deposited the information into --perhaps a Google Sheet?-- and also required the kids to type in a brief synopsis of what they had worked on or done during that rehearsal or tech call.  It also added up the the time for them, so it was super easy to figure points.  

If I can find it again (one of the many things I have planned for this weekend) I'll post.  But if this rings any bells--please chime in.

Holly

Holly Thompson
    Worthington OH

• 5.  RE: Clocking in and out...

Posted 10-18-2018 11:14
    I have a QR code that they scan with their phones. It takes them to a Google Form where they just have to enter their names. If they leave early, they have to sign out, too. The form collects timestamps each time it's filled in, so I have exact hours in a spreadsheet created by one button.

Jodi Disario
    Director of Drama
    Willow Glen High School
    San Jose, CA

• 6.  RE: Clocking in and out...

Posted 10-18-2018 16:01
    Cool idea with the QR Code, would like to try that.

We just use a Google Form as well.  The students select their name from a drop down menu... it populates a spreadsheet with a time stamp.  I don't ask them to sign out as they come see me if they have to leave and for work, students are often in uniform, which I think serves them well before the ensemble as well.

Sunday evening, I send out a rehearsal conflict form for the the week as many of the jobs students have require them to have flexible schedules-- this way, I can keep up.

Michael Johnson
    Trinity NC

• 7.  RE: Clocking in and out...

Posted 10-18-2018 12:15
    Our construction trades teacher uses TimeStation.  He posts a QR code that they clock in and out of with their phones.  It is free.  Don't know if that is what you are looking for?  But I like that you asked the question because now I will start using it! 

TimeStation - Attendance and Time Tracking
    TimeStation remove preview
    TimeStation - Attendance and Time Tracking
    Turn any iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into a cloud-based time & attendance system!
    View this on TimeStation >

Lisa Ronca
    Huxley IA

• 8.  RE: Clocking in and out...

Posted 10-18-2018 23:01
    It has been a couple of years since I used it, but www.parktime.com worked for me and gave me the reports I needed. You might give it a look.

---------------------------------
    Greg Franklin

Denver NC
    ---------------------------------