Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Miss Holmes??

Posted 11-02-2017 08:57
    Has anyone produced the show Miss Holmes by Christopher M Walsh? It's inspired by the works of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle but has Sherlock and Watson portrayed by females. Considering it for my Spring show.

• 2.  RE: Miss Holmes??

Posted 02-13-2018 07:59
    I just read the excerpt and was pretty intrigued. I'll probably order the full script, but I'm hesitating because it's expensive to get every possible perusal shipped. I'd be interested to hear people's feedback on this title.

------------------------------
    Cassy Maxton-Whitacre
    Theatre Department Coordinator
    Fishersville VA

• 3.  RE: Miss Holmes??

Posted 02-14-2018 08:33
    I pulled the trigger and we're set to perform the show. My students really like the story. It's proving to be one of the most technically challenging shows that I've directed. (However, I'm always up for a challenge!) The scene changes are insane; my stage will have 7 different 'locales' throughout the show. Plus, there's a scene where 2 actors speak German, yes, I said German. I think I'll use a projection screen to show the English translation. Here's to broken legs!

Michael Eggers
    Theatre Arts Teacher
    Mountain City TN

• 4.  RE: Miss Holmes??

Posted 02-14-2018 09:32
    Let us know how it goes. I'm interested in this piece as well

Shira Schwartz
    Chandler Unified School District
    Chandler AZ

• 5.  RE: Miss Holmes??

Posted 02-16-2018 11:24
    Yes, please keep us posted and share any insights. I'm about halfway through the script and am still totally into it. Of course, I'm a Sherlock Holmes nerd...

Cassy Maxton-Whitacre
    Fishersville VA

• 6.  RE: Miss Holmes??

Posted 05-11-2018 08:54
    Miss Holmes turned out to be a great production. It is very complex and lent itself to several creative interpretations. Easily the most difficult show I've directed. If you're looking for a challenge with a chance to have really cool costumes, give it a try.

Michael Eggers
    Theatre Arts Teacher
    Mountain City TN

• 7.  RE: Miss Holmes??

Posted 05-11-2018 13:01
    Great pictures! Thanks for your insight. This show is high on my list of considerations for next year.

Cassy Maxton-Whitacre
    Fishersville VA