Open Forum

View Only

New York City Applied Theatre Project - We'll Come To You!

• 1.  New York City Applied Theatre Project - We'll Come To You!

Posted 03-10-2017 17:10
    Hello all!

I am a graduate student and artist in the Applied Theatre program at CUNY, interested in connecting anyone who might have use for a fantastic team of teaching artists and facilitators. As you may or may not know, Applied Theatre utilizes theatrical techniques to explore social issues with non-theatre populations and communities. 

I'm reaching out about a project I'm planning for a course called "Community, Culture, and Diversity." We've been challenged to connect with a community partner working with a specific population, and collaborate on a project, ending mid-April. Depending on structure and need, this may be a series of workshops, performances, and anything in-between: community/ensemble-building, getting-to-know-you activities, storytelling techniques, dramatic embodiment of specific themes, and more. You know the drill.

I'm working with three other awesome women in my cohort, and we're collectively reaching out through our networks for organizations or schools in NYC interested in partnering. This is an academic, collaborative, short-term project, flexible and adaptable to community assets.

Thank you,
    Natalie Stringer

MA in Applied Theatre Candidate
    CUNY School of Professional Studies

------------------------------
    Natalie Stringer
    Astoria NY
    ------------------------------