Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Little Shop of Horrors set, props, Audrey II

Posted 03-02-2018 16:02
    I need to borrow or buy Audrey II plants,  set pieces like street scene flats and dentist chair and anything, everything Little Shop of Horrors.  I can't afford to rent the plant from MTI, and we have very very very very low funds available.  Thanks! Located in Chicago.

------------------------------
    Krista Wachob
    Theatre Teacher/Director
    King College Prep
    Chicago IL

• 2.  RE: Little Shop of Horrors set, props, Audrey II

Posted 03-03-2018 14:59
    When do you need them?  We have a full set of Audrey II, plants that we rent out, we are about an hour and half drive north of Chicago here in Wisconsin.  

- Michael L Kurhajec
    Techincal Director
    Union Grove High School
    Performing Arts Department

• 3.  RE: Little Shop of Horrors set, props, Audrey II

Posted 03-06-2018 11:35
    We just closed Little Shop. I built the first two puppets fairly cheaply myself and had a female actor play Audrey II in costume for stages 3 and 4. She killed that role, especially the songs bc of the rock sound she has. When people were eaten we used clever staging and some rolling panels to mask the action so it was more implied instead of literal. I figured we could get away with that stuff with such a ridiculous show.
    For the Dentist chair, I got a $25 office chair from Restore and we recovered it. Since it was only used in one scene, my two criteria were that it moved easily and could recline. 
    Office chair, made over

Costume, no puppet, stage 4

Benjamin Sims
    Theatre Arts Teacher
    Union County Public Schools
    Indian Trail NC

Author of Before Dorothy, based on the characters of L. Frank Baum.