Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Film Studies Class?

Posted 05-11-2017 11:31
    Does anyone have a completed curriculum for a Film Studies Class? I will be teaching that in addition to my regular classes next year and I haven't taught it for almost 15 years. I know I had the paperwork somewhere but I've moved 3 times since then and I'm having trouble locating it. I figured before reinventing the wheel I'd ask...

------------------------------
    Shira Schwartz
    Chandler Unified School District
    Chandler AZ

• 2.  RE: Film Studies Class?

Posted 05-12-2017 08:37
    I'll ask around.
    Bill

[William] [Myatt] [Director of Theatre]

[Pleasant Valley High School]

[myattw@pleasval.k12.ia.us][563-332-5151][Bettendorf][IA][USA]

• 3.  RE: Film Studies Class?

Posted 05-12-2017 08:54
    If you find a good curriculum, please share!

Jennifer Finlayson
    Director of MS Theatre
    Atlanta GA

• 4.  RE: Film Studies Class?

Posted 05-13-2017 13:11
    I taught a film and literature course at my high school last year. Is this something you would be interested in looking at?  We covered short stories and the Disney-ification of them in relation to how it affects the female psyche, script to screen, using the screenplay as literature (Rebel Without A Cause and Pleasantville), the documentary style (9/11 and Ben X), original films versus their remakes (war of the Worlds, The Day the Earth Stood Still, and others), and tons of others I can't recall off the top of my head. I'm more than willing to share my google drive folder if you want to take a look. It might be a little unorganized but it's full of fun stuff. Hope it helps. Feel free to email me at jmbeech@gaston.k12.nc.us

J. Michael Beech
    Gastonia NC

• 5.  RE: Film Studies Class?

Posted 05-14-2017 03:58
    This came up about 2 months ago.  Here is the link to that thread that hopefully will help. I put links to the classes I taught in the below forum.  Good luck!

Open Forum

Dee Norman
    American School of Dubai
    MS Drama
    dnorman@asdubai.org

• 6.  RE: Film Studies Class?

Posted 05-15-2017 09:33
    I teach a Film Studies class in my district.  We have never had any formal curriculum for it, though.  We are supposed to be working on that this upcoming school year.  I can absolutely pass on lesson ideas, but I don't have formal curriculum to share.

Sarah Gerling
    Theatre Teacher and Director
    Columbia MO

• 7.  RE: Film Studies Class?

Posted 05-16-2017 06:04
    Hi! I have an outline I can share. I work at a private school, so I don't have a curriculum with standards written into it. If you pm me, I will send it to you.

Sent from my iPad