Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Camping with Henry and Tom

Posted 09-09-2020 15:42
    Has anyone seen or performed this recently? Challenges or thoughts? Also, what has your experience been working with Concord Theatricals?

Many Thanks!

------------------------------
    Christina Vincent
    Director of Theatre
    The Woodhall School
    Bethlehem, CT

• 2.  RE: Camping with Henry and Tom

Posted 09-10-2020 10:02
    I've never seen a complete performance of the play, but I have the script in my classroom library, and boys in my advanced classes have performed some scenes from it over the years.  In my experience, it seems to work best with actors who are history buffs, where they either already know some things about the characters, or are willing and eager to research them.  It also requires actors who are good at playing older characters without resorting to age-related physical and vocal stereotypes.

I find the play a fascinating and entertaining piece of historical speculation.  The frequent rough language and the small, all-male cast would be an obstacle to my producing the show in a school setting, but those aren't necessarily issues for every teacher or every school.

Jeff Grove
    Theatre Teacher, Aesthetics Department Chair
    Stanton College Preparatory School
    Jacksonville FL

• 3.  RE: Camping with Henry and Tom

Posted 09-16-2020 13:53
    Jeff- Thank you so much for your insights! We are hopefully going for it if licensing works out!

Christina Vincent
    Director of Theatre
    The Woodhall School
    Bethlehem, CT