Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Elf The Musical

Posted 05-07-2019 15:31
    Has any produced Elf? What were the reactions of cast and patrons?

---------------------------------
    Karin Neal
    Forensics Coach and Theatre Director
    Trinity Catholic Jr. Sr. High School
    Hutchinson KS
    ---------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Elf The Musical

Posted 05-08-2019 07:41
    We produced the junior version of Elf this year. It was incredibly popular. We even ended up adding an encore performance (after our original two) which sold out as well. Would be happy to answer any other questions you have regarding it.

------------------------------
    Katelyn Lick
    Vass NC

• 3.  RE: Elf The Musical

Posted 05-08-2019 10:08
    Wow!  Im somewhat concerned about my male vocalists....I really one have two strong ones, my females are strong - but lack males.  How big is an issue will this be?

Sent from my iPhone

• 4.  RE: Elf The Musical

Posted 05-09-2019 08:36
    We have the same issue with male vocalists. I cast several of the supporting males as females. There's no reason a woman can't work in the office scenes. I really focused on casting Buddy, the dad and son as far as vocals go. If you think you can fill those, you should be good to go.

Katelyn Lick
    Vass NC

• 5.  RE: Elf The Musical

Posted 05-09-2019 09:08
    We did Elf Jr a few years ago and it was a huge success for us. I too would be wiling to answer any questions that you might have.

Douglas Parks
    Parkersburg WV

• 6.  RE: Elf The Musical

Posted 05-08-2019 08:19
    I haven't produced the show myself, but our local (Equity) dinner theatre produced it this past December and sold out the entire month-long run before it even opened.  Additionally, because of the strong sales response, they have cancelled next December's planned production of a musical version of It's a Wonderful Life in order to revive Elf, and they are already taking reservations for it.

Jeff Grove
    Theatre Teacher, Aesthetics Department Chair
    Stanton College Preparatory School
    Jacksonville FL