Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Tuck Everlasting

Posted 12-29-2019 10:01
    Has anyone directed "Tuck Everlasting" with High School students?  Are there many ensemble numbers?  I have some solid veteran students and many never evers.  I love to keep everyone actively engaged.

Thought about "Big Fish", "High School Musical" too.

i have some good male vocalist but they are not tenors! One amazing young man who is an incredible baritone bass.

thoughts?

------------------------------
    Melinda Carlson

• 2.  RE: Tuck Everlasting

Posted 12-30-2019 08:41
    Melinda-  We just closed TUCK  a few weeks ago.  It is a great high school show in my opinion. 2 good female roles, 2 supporting females,  and 6 pretty hefty male roles...tenorish most of them, but not extreme and some very character roles. The ensemble can be as big or small as you want...and could be split  as Carnival folks, and "spirit dancers" We made our spirit dancers more "woodland, nature spirits"  than the more formal "ghosts of the past"  as on B'way. Couple of production numbers   and very long story ballet at the end showing Winnie's choice to live out her life, marry, have children, death of her mother and grandmother, etc...  but can be cut down and simplified.
    I recommend the show highly.

Scott Keys
    Sarasota FL

• 3.  RE: Tuck Everlasting

Posted 12-30-2019 16:26
    If male voice parts keys are changed would part lose its "character".

Melinda Carlson

• 4.  RE: Tuck Everlasting

Posted 12-31-2019 06:39
    I don't think so...as long as they are not lowered too much, I think they would maintain their integrity. we were fortunate not to have to lower any keys. Jesse, male lead probably has the highest range