Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Short Winter/Holiday Scripts

Posted 09-18-2020 08:06
    Hi all!  I hope the school year is treating everyone well thus far!!  My school has been back in session, full time and in full swing, since September 2nd.  So far so good!  

The only hiccup so far is how our after school activities are being run.  Students can only meet after school by grade and this poses a challenge for my Jr. Thespians since theatre work by it's very nature is meant to be an ensemble.  My Jr. Thespians (grades 6th-8th) cannot "mix" together.  

Now I am left with trying to come up with 3 small plays or several short scenes/skits for each grade.  I want to tie each grade's performances together with an overall theme.  The students have chosen Winter/Holidays.  There are 4 - 7 students in each group.

Does anyone have any suggestions of 3 small Winter/Holiday plays or several short scene/skits?
    Any suggestions welcomed and appreciated.  

Take care,
    Bridget DeVivo
    Director Drama Program
    Oak Hill Academy
    Lincroft, NJ

• 2.  RE: Short Winter/Holiday Scripts

Posted 09-18-2020 12:07
    Hi!

Maybe you could let the kids write them themselves? It could be a great learning opportunity, teaching kids about playwriting and also give them something to work on together in their small groups. It eliminates your need to do a deep dive on the internet and is also so much fun for them to build their own stories. We did this with our HS kids last year, and they LOVED writing and performing their own little holiday plays.

------------------------------
    Alexandra Crossen
    Ashville OH
    ------------------------------