Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Audition/Rehearsal Waivers for Covid-19

Posted 08-20-2020 10:59
    Hi,

As of now our school is going to allow a live show. We know that it may be cancelled or postponed.  Does anyone have a student/parent waiver they have used that relates to new guidelines during covid.

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Carrie Estes
    Director of Fine Arts
    Grace Christian Academy
    Franklin TN

• 2.  RE: Audition/Rehearsal Waivers for Covid-19

Posted 08-21-2020 16:29
    Fellow independent school director here.  We are also trying for a live performance but with many contingencies for what may happen between now and our February performances.  I didn't feel the need to do a separate waiver, since the kids are already attending school in person and I have been given the go-ahead by the head of school.  I just reiterated in the student/ parent contract (which they sign before auditions) that they must abide by all school rules while in rehearsal including health and safety requirements, masking, hand washing, distancing, etc.  I also added a little note in the info packet "A Final Note about Theatre in the Time of COVID: The production team is so happy to be able to offer this experience during this unprecedented school year. No matter what, this production will be different than any other, and our goal is to lean into the challenges and build an environment where everyone can have fun and grow. Please keep in mind that parents and students participating in this production must be willing to be flexible, compassionate, and enjoy the process of creating art and overcoming challenges together."

Elana Kepner
    Theatre Instructor
    The Oakwood School
    Greenville NC