Open Forum

View Only

Job Opening: Established Theatre Program in Kansas City

• 1.  Job Opening: Established Theatre Program in Kansas City

Posted 03-15-2017 14:02
    Hello fellow theatre teachers! 

I will be leaving my position as the Director of Theatre at Oak Park High School this May. My wife and I are looking to relocate so she can pursue a position teaching in the college/university setting. For the last four years, I have developed a very successful theatre program. My students are very sad to lose me but I am committed to helping my school administration find the right person to replace me and help keep Oak Park Theatre fantastic. 

I teach a full course load of exclusively theatre classes. A few Theatre I, and Theatre II. An audition-only Theatre III/IV, Stagecraft, and a few independent studies. I am also in charge of all extra curricular aspects of the program--we have  a very busy and fun season and a dedicated following of students and parents eager to continue producing theatre! I love my kids very much and want to know that their passion can be continually nurtured by the right person. I am very much both an actor and technician and the person who replaces me will need to be experienced as a director, and a technician/designer. I see myself primarily as a coach and foster a "student-led program."--I would love to talk more about our culture here and what my students are hoping will continue. 

If you are interested in making a career change or have a burning desire to move out to the "Paris of the Plains,"I would love to get to know you and forward a few names to my building administrators. Obviously, as a teacher, I have no real power to hire, but my Activities Director and School Principal are both wanting to work with me to ensure the culture of success continues at Oak Park and they can meet as many applicants as possible. 

Below is the direct link to apply to the North Kansas City School District as well as my theatre website so you can get to know my program a little bit. Email or call as well! I'd love to chat! 816-719-5952 (gehrleinb@gmail.com, brian.gehrlein@nkcschools.org

THEATRE WEBSITE: 
    Oak Park High School Theatre
    Oak Park High School Theatre remove preview
    Oak Park High School Theatre
    Oak Park High School Theatre Department
    View this on Oak Park High School Theatre >

JOB LISTING:
    North Kansas City Schools - 2017-18 Oak Park Theatre Teacher
    Tedk12 remove preview
    North Kansas City Schools - 2017-18 Oak Park Theatre Teacher
    View this on Tedk12 >

------------------------------