Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Zombie Prom Ideas

Posted 06-25-2019 09:56
    We will be producing Zombie Prom for our fall musical this year and I'm looking for ideas and comments from anyone who who has done this show.  What worked well for you, what was hardest about this show? etc.  I'm starting to get a little nervous about our small school's ability to pull this show off.
    Thanks,

------------------------------
    Janet Rhoads
    Director of Theatre
    Andale High School
    Andale KS

• 2.  RE: Zombie Prom Ideas

Posted 06-26-2019 08:41
    I did this in 2017 with 20 kids in it, 6 of them male. We had a blast. It was the most fun I've ever had directing a musical. Play up the cheesiness in it. Our set was a box set look of a schoolroom with the sides generic enough that we could play things like Toffee's bedroom.  I used 2 rolling tables that came in from right and left wings that became study hall tables and such and then were moved away for dances. Let me know if you have specfic "how did you do that" questions.  This brings back great memories.

Karen Dean
    Collierville TN

• 3.  RE: Zombie Prom Ideas

Posted 06-27-2019 08:14
    I did this show about six years ago, it is a blast! I got a bit creative with it, tried to tie the whole thing to the pop art of Roy Lichtenstein - so very color saturated, wild wigs, make-up that was reminiscent of his work (I wanted it to have the dots, but couldn't quite figure out how to do that in a way that didn't make it look like the kids had the measles), and most importantly - comic book panel frames.  So every set piece was framed like a comic panel, some lines I had stagehands dressed all in black come in with a movable panel and actors would say lines in it directly out to the audience, I even framed the stage in a panel. It was very effective - but a ton of work!  It was a blast for me to work on and for the kids. Feel free to use the concept if you want, just throw me a credit in the program if you would (someone who is connected locally saw the show, and since a few groups have done it totally using my concept with no credit, burns me a bit).

Jeffrey Davis
    Plainsboro NJ