Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Online ticket sales

Posted 12-10-2018 13:05
    Hi all...
    Does anyone have an outstanding online ticket company they could recommend?
    I am looking to switch from selling paper tickets all myself to putting it online. 
    Thank you in advance!

--
    Ms. Hillman
    Director of the CAPA Program/Acting Teacher
    Churchill High School
    Livonia, MI

• 2.  RE: Online ticket sales

Posted 12-10-2018 13:59
    We use OvationTix.com and to be honest it is not the easiest program in the world to use.  It is very user "unfriendly" and pretty clunky to navigate.  For example, once you sell a ticket you have to click on three different screens in order to print it.  Additionally, if our patrons buy tickets online, there is a $2 per ticket credit card fee in addition to the other fees charged for the use of the program.  If people call our box office and we process the credit card sale through our computers, they can save the $2 per ticket fee.

We were required to buy the ticketing printers and stock.  When the machines malfunction, the printer company says it is a problem with the software distributed by the ticket service, and Ovation says it is a problem with the printer.  Very frustrating!

Terry McGonigle
    John Legend Theater
    Springfield OH

• 3.  RE: Online ticket sales

Posted 12-10-2018 15:10
    We used BookTix for our most recent production, and I was very happy with it. Easy to use, not too much of a fee, and they even send you a free ticket printer to use once you've sold ten tickets online. If you accept cash payments, I think it's a $0.25 charge per ticket.

------------------------------
    Tiffany Garner
    Theatre Director
    American Leadership Academy Gilbert Noth
    Gilbert AZ

• 4.  RE: Online ticket sales

Posted 12-10-2018 15:23
    I currently use Ludus and find it very user-friendly and have received outstanding customer service.  In the past, I have used Booktix and I was happy with them well.  Overall, the cost for Booktix was a little more, but they send you the printer, scanner, and tickets.  If you already have your own equipment or just want to print tickets on regular printer paper, Ludus might be a better fit.  I would make a short list of things that are really important to you before beginning your research, otherwise, you will have a hard time narrowing down the options.

Greg Franklin
    Denver NC

• 5.  RE: Online ticket sales

Posted 12-11-2018 08:08
    BookTix!  Great!

--
    Have a great day!

Lynn

• 6.  RE: Online ticket sales

Posted 12-11-2018 09:08
    This is my second year using Booktix. I have had minimal issues, and their staff is very helpful for the few problems I've had. The cost is very low compared to other ticket programs.

Kristi Jacobs-Stanley
    New Orleans LA

• 7.  RE: Online ticket sales

Posted 12-11-2018 12:42
    ​We use Vendini as does our sister school. We love their customer support and reporting features.

Crit Fisher
    Lighting/Sound Designer
    New Albany High School

• 8.  RE: Online ticket sales

Posted 12-12-2018 11:46
    Has anyone used On the Stage for online tickets? I'm intrigued because they also offer merchandise for the patrons to purchase and they handle the production and shipping, you receive the profit. But I'm wondering how their customer service is and if patrons have ever had any issues?

Polly Harrison
    Director of Theatre
    Wylie High School
    Wylie, TX