Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Performance Streaming Sites

Posted 06-17-2020 16:12
    Hello everyone! 

I have a question about sites that will allow prerecorded productions to be streamed. Our theater company is looking to create three separate digital productions to be released as a package. Due to licensing restrictions, their availability after watching becomes limited. Does anyone have any recommendation for sites to use for this kind of thing? It doesn't even have to be a theater-specific site (like ShowTix4U), just anything that you think would work!

Let me know!

------------------------------
    Michael Busani
    Greenwich CT

• 2.  RE: Performance Streaming Sites

Posted 06-17-2020 16:53
    I'm not sure what you mean by "availability after watching becomes limited". If you mean you only have rights to keep them posted for a limited amount of time, we used YouTube for this in the spring. Our high school actors recorded their individual parts and sent the videos to me, and after editing it all together, I posted it on our YouTube channel as a Premiere. By doing it this way, there was a live link to the viewing page on YouTube, but the video could not be watched until the date and time I had set. At 7:30 on the night of the performance, there was a countdown on the YouTube page, and the video went live. I left it up for one day, then changed the setting on the video to "private" so it can no longer be viewed. (That way I still have an archive of the video available if I need it in the future, but it is not available for the public.)

I chose YouTube because it is easy for anyone to use, including non-tech-savvy grandparents (don't anyone take offense, I'm a senior myself!), and also because I could turn off the comments, so that there would be no inappropriate spam come through during the video. 

I hope this helps!

Joel Brown
    Theater Manager
    Madison High School
    Middletown, Ohio USA
    MadisonArts.org