Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Socially Distanced Plays

Posted 07-02-2020 09:20
    Hi All,

I am seeing a few threads here about monologue-based plays but am wondering if anyone has found non-monologue plays that can be done on stage with six-feet of distance between actors?  I am hoping my district will approve in-person rehearsals/performance with a live-streamed audience if the actors adhere to social distance rules within the blocking.  My first thought was Laramie Project but I did not look closely at it yet.

Thanks in advance!

------------------------------
    Laura Russo
    Teacher/Director of Theatre Arts
    School District of The Chathams
    Chatham NJ

• 2.  RE: Socially Distanced Plays

Posted 07-06-2020 14:39
    I can't think of any full productions with more than two characters at the moment that would work (I'm guessing you'd like to involve more than two students), but what popped into my head was more along the lines of short plays with less actors on stage at a time. I Think You Think I Love You might work, it's so funny and the characters never have to be close to one another. You might search the forum for past threads searching for one-act suggestions if that's an idea that interests you.

Ginny Butsch
    Community Engagement Manager
    Educational Theatre Association
    Cincinnati OH

• 3.  RE: Socially Distanced Plays

Posted 08-10-2020 10:22
    @Don Zolidis has a couple of plays he's adapted for distance or Zoom staging -- Help Desk, Radio Play Disaster, and I think an adaptation of The Importance of Being Earnest.

Cassy Maxton-Whitacre
    Theatre Department Coordinator
    Fishersville VA