Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Ghostlight Project article

Posted 03-23-2017 14:46
    I was asked, to my great surprise and humble joy, to write an article about using the Ghostlight Project in a classroom setting. I want to thank the participants in a thread about the Ghostlight Project a couple of months ago, because it was out of that discussion that gave the impetus for this article. Special thanks to George F. Ledo for particularly inspiring me.

Shining The Light: How One Teacher Brought The Ghostlight Project To His High School - Breaking Character
    Breaking Character remove preview
    Shining The Light: How One Teacher Brought The Ghostlight Project To His High School - Breaking Character
    On January 19, 2017, The Ghostlight Project encouraged theaters across the nation to shine a light for unity. Educator Phillip Goodchild took heart in the initiative and set out to bring it to his school. Here's how he did it.
    View this on Breaking Character >

------------------------------
    Phillip Goodchild
    Theatre Arts Instructor/Assistant Department Head of English
    Ruskin FL

• 2.  RE: Ghostlight Project article

Posted 03-24-2017 09:00
    What a wonderful article!  Yours was the perfect solution to the dilemma of the project becoming a political statement in the eyes of school administrations.  Thank you for posting your piece...

Tess Pasieka
    Admin Asst, Student Services/Spec Ed, Drama Advisor
    Mascenic Regional School District
    New Ipswich NH

• 3.  RE: Ghostlight Project article

Posted 03-24-2017 20:07
    Wonderful article, Phillip. Thank you for sharing your experience with this initiative. I know it will inspire others to find a way to introduce these important messages within their own programs.