Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Grants?

Posted 06-27-2018 12:06
    My old high school theatre contacted me with the problem of struggling to find grants since they have a leadership gap over this summer with the director leaving. I was wondering if there are any general grants thay they could apply for or any specific to the state/region (Colorado). Thanks!

---------------------------------
    Timothy Meylor

Irvine CA
    ---------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Grants?

Posted 07-03-2018 13:12
    @Timothy Meylor, it might help to share a bit more about what the grant money would be used towards. For example, is it to enhance technical elements? ​Cover production costs? Sustain a Thespian troupe? Attend an event?

If it helps, you can look over the grants we offer to see if any of those are relevant:
    Awards, Grants, and Scholarships - EdTA - Educational Theatre Association

You might also check with your local chapter to see if they are aware of any state-specific opportunities.
    Colorado State Thespians

------------------------------
    Ginny Butsch
    Community Manager
    Educational Theatre Association
    Alexandria KY

• 3.  RE: Grants?

Posted 08-10-2021 10:59
    Hello.  These are geared towards attending the events, which is nice, but Thespians is still gaining ground in Illinois and hard to justify to my school administration.  Are there scholarships or grants to cover basic troupe costs? I'm also looking for Grant assistance for facilities.  I teach in a Title 1 high school north of Chicago with a 70% Latinx population.

Paul Hengels
    Drama Teacher
    Waukegan High School

• 4.  RE: Grants?

Posted 08-11-2021 11:14
    @Paul Hengels It seems like this would be a great fit for the Thespian Relief Grants. There are two available: $500 to cover troupe dues (for either existing troupes or to charter a new troupe) and $1000 to cover program costs. We took a break from awarding over the summer but will be back at it in September for an August round. The winners are chosen by lottery. You can find more info and the application here but feel free to reach out to me directly with any questions! My email is cbothwell@schooltheatre.org!

Caitlin Bothwell Moon
    Educational Theatre Association