Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Looking to Rent Cinderella Transformation Dress (or any transformation dress!)

Posted 08-16-2017 15:42
    We are looking to rent a dress that <g class="gr_ gr_31 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_disable_anim_appear Grammar multiReplace" id="31" data-gr-id="31">transform</g> from ugly to beautiful on stage.  Any leads would be helpful!

------------------------------
    Jessica Harms
    Theatre Director
    Acton MA

• 2.  RE: Looking to Rent Cinderella Transformation Dress (or any transformation dress!)

Posted 08-17-2017 08:22
    We rented one from Shirlee Idzakovich (you can find her on Facebook and message her).  It was wonderful!!

Dawn Tucker
    Director of Debate, Forensics, and Theatre
    Jonesboro High School
    Jonesboro, AR

• 3.  RE: Looking to Rent Cinderella Transformation Dress (or any transformation dress!)

Posted 08-18-2017 06:36
    So many great directions to go for the Cinderella dress. Shirlee Idzakovich is a veteran teaching artist for EdTA and a fantastic resource for all things related to costuming. Send me a message at the office and I will get you her contact info.  513.977.5527 or bsingerlefton@schooltheatre.org

Betsy Singer-Lefton
    Educational Programs Manager
    Educational Theatre Association
    Cincinnati OHbsingerlefton@schooltheatre.org

• 4.  RE: Looking to Rent Cinderella Transformation Dress (or any transformation dress!)

Posted 08-17-2017 14:04
    I saw Cinderella on broadway.  Cinderella was wearing her rag dress over the ball gown. She twirlled around and the rag dress was literally unwound off of her on stage.  I think the hoop skirt was blown up somehow and voila, there was Cinderella ready for the ball

• 5.  RE: Looking to Rent Cinderella Transformation Dress (or any transformation dress!)

Posted 08-18-2017 06:25
    We're going to try to build our own.  Found this short but helpful YouTube clip that gives a really good idea of what you need to do.

https://youtu.be/rTzOMnS9WQ8?list=FL_NoR82G7tuQk2V4FJZHToA 

Lynda Gibson
    Troupe 2829
    Jr. Troupe 88305
    Flushing MI

• 6.  RE: Looking to Rent Cinderella Transformation Dress (or any transformation dress!)

Posted 08-19-2017 08:50
    Disguises Costumes made a transformation dress for me. It's STUNNING and easy for the actress to do herself without help. This is an amazing company that I've worked with for the past 4 years.

Sent from my iPhone

• 7.  RE: Looking to Rent Cinderella Transformation Dress (or any transformation dress!)

Posted 08-19-2017 13:10
    You are all so sweet......thanks Dawn and Betsy. 
    I do own a dress that is a switch out costume that I custom built.  The issue is it's almost always rented  But it's a 4.5 second switch on stage and it looks magical.  If you would like to know more please send me a pm.  My email is costumer.shirlee@yahoo.com    
    I love working with HS and sharing the magic.

Shirlee Idzakovich
    Costumer.shirlee@yahoo.com
    NYC

• 8.  RE: Looking to Rent Cinderella Transformation Dress (or any transformation dress!)

Posted 08-20-2017 12:06
    We produced the new version of Cinderella two years ago and were lucky enough to have an extremely talented student who designed a few transformation garments for us. 

They are  not perfect, but they work great with some practice, and were really impressive to our audiences. 

We have the following available to rent:

Cinderella rags- ball gown
    (this is a three step transformation like used on Broadway, except they used a hydraulic air system for speed-ours does not have that).  Dress transforms from rags to ball gown on stage and she twirls to put the top layer on with help from unseen crew, and then swaps to an actual full identical gown once she arrives at the ball.

Cinderella Stepsister loaner- Gold Banquet dress

Cinderella Ball gown disintegrating ball gown- Rags

Marie Peasant outfit- Godmother gown 

If anyone is interested feel free to e-mail me at Clbeilstein@capousd.org. We are not a rental house, we are a high school, but we work with people's budgets and I love to spread the help from school to school!

all best,

Cambria Beilstein
    Theatre Arts Director
    San Juan Capistrano CA