Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  PDI Workshop at ITF

Posted 04-23-2018 15:49
    Hello All…..

I want to invite you to come and see me at the International Theatre Festival in Lincoln, Nebraska. I have the honor and privilege of teaching the PDI track this summer alongside these two amazing gentlemen, Joe Deer and Dana Taylor.
    I will be teaching the Costuming Class.

I want to explain a bit about my classroom. We have the privilege of actually being in the costume shop of the university and we are permitted to use their equipment.
    This is a first for all of us, so the sky is the limit! I want to show you so many tricks and ways to costume your show whether you are a beginner or a seasoned costumer. This class is for everyone. If you cannot sew that's alright, there will be plenty to keep you busy and I want to teach you a simple classroom plan to pass on to your students to start them on a costuming track. We all have those kids that are really into costuming, cosplay or fashion. Now let's learn how to teach them. We are also going to put our budgeting skills to work and how to make certain pieces in your show that you may feel are impossible. Bring your show, bring your pencil and notebook, and bring your questions. That is what I am here for!
    I have spent several years teaching at many state and international festivals and I have built out over 100 shows, so my motto is if I can't tell you how it's done I will find someone who will help us figure it out.

So, no matter which PDI class you sign up for get involved and come and play.   This summer is going to be starting off with a sew-amazing start!

------------------------------
    Shirlee Idzakovich
    Costumer.shirlee@yahoo.com
    NYC

• 2.  RE: PDI Workshop at ITF

Posted 04-25-2018 18:44
    ​Best of luck!

Crit Fisher
    Lighting/Sound Designer
    New Albany High School