Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Pairing with Charlie Brown Christmas

Posted 10-22-2018 20:24
    We're producing a Charlie Brown Christmas this December in association with Tams and am wondering if folks who have produced the show in the past have paired it with something as the run time is pretty short at 40 minutes, maybe.

Thanks

------------------------------
    Michael Johnson
    Trinity NC

• 2.  RE: Pairing with Charlie Brown Christmas

Posted 10-23-2018 08:33
    ​We did the show last year.  Fortunately, the majority of my cast was also in our school's Show Choir, and we performed their winter medley after the run of the play.  It added about ten minutes.  We also added a sing-along for the audience in between scenes.  So as the set was being changed, the cast would come out and sing a Christmas carol with the audience.  We provided lyrics sheets along with our programs.  It was actually pretty awesome.  Show ended up being about an hour and ten minutes with all of the additional music.

Amber Hugus
    Harmony PA

• 3.  RE: Pairing with Charlie Brown Christmas

Posted 10-24-2018 19:39
    There is a 1940s radio show version of "It's a Wonderful Life" that takes about 30 minutes. It's fun and the performers get to hold their scripts (no memorizing) and work on voice characterizations. Having people on stage creating all the sound effects is fun for the audience and the performers. If you are interested just let me know and I'll mail you a copy of the script.

• 4.  RE: Pairing with Charlie Brown Christmas

Posted 10-23-2018 10:15
    I have an script called Shlomo Travels to Warsaw about Hanukkah. I have also done a reading of the original Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer story.

Maura Vaughn
    The Branson School
    Ross CA

• 5.  RE: Pairing with Charlie Brown Christmas

Posted 10-23-2018 19:50
    We did just the show. Running straight thru it ran 27 minutes-almost the same as the tv cartoon. We just added more shows since our black box only holds 100, and we sold out in presage within a couple hours. We got in two matinees and an evening show on Saturday.  It was great for families with small children. They LOVED the short running time.

Holly Thompson
    Worthington OH

• 6.  RE: Pairing with Charlie Brown Christmas

Posted 10-23-2018 20:11
    • Gift of the Magi by O'Henry adapted by Jon Jory (Playscripts, 45-55 min) 
    • The Best Christmas Pageant Ever: The Musical by Jahnna Beecham & Malcolm Hillgartner (Playscripts, 65-85 min) 
    • A shortened version of A Christmas Carol

James Van Leishout
    Olympia WA

• 7.  RE: Pairing with Charlie Brown Christmas

Posted 10-25-2018 12:13
    Thanks for the help and the suggestions.  My students and I decided to adapt a short version of A Christmas Carol as "reader's theater" to follow C Brown.  Both productions are challenging in many ways, so my students and I are looking forward to the work.

Thanks

Michael Johnson
    Trinity NC