Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  The Music Man Band Uniforms?

Posted 12-16-2017 17:05
    I am looking for around 20 boys' band uniforms for our spring musical, The Music Man.  We are looking for an alternative to renting at $60 each.  If you produced the show and have  costumes, please email me!

kayla.stafford@rowan.kyschools.us

RCSHS Theatre and Performing Arts - Rowan County Senior High School

------------------------------
    Kayla Stafford
    Director of Drama
    Rowan County Schools
    Morehead, KY KY

• 2.  RE: The Music Man Band Uniforms?

Posted 12-17-2017 14:22
    When we did 2 years ago we used some of our band's uniforms.  

• 3.  RE: The Music Man Band Uniforms?

Posted 12-17-2017 16:51
    We rented blue uniforms from theatreco.com in 2015. I do not remember the price. You might check with schools to see if they have any old ones they'd let you use or donate.
    Great show!!

Connie Sandoz
    Waxahachie, TX
    Retired Theatre Director
    Henderson, NV

• 4.  RE: The Music Man Band Uniforms?

Posted 12-18-2017 19:25
    Dear Kayla:

I have a suggestion for you. Reach out to schools in your area and see if they have recently purchased new band uniforms. Our marching band bought new uniforms 10 years ago and donated their entire collection of band uniforms to the drama department. Since that time I have been able to loan our band uniforms to 5 different schools producing The Music Man. These uniforms are the perfect classic style for The Music Man; but they are also very heavy; and thus, would not be an economical choice to ship to you in Kentucky.

Hopefully, you will find a school in your area that has old band uniforms to sell or loan.

All the best,
    Patricia

Patricia Frank
    Avon Lake OH