Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Cinderella props and costumes

Posted 07-14-2017 19:42
    Hello!  I need some help with the transformation dress for  Cinderella. I can make it but I need some guidance; template, pattern, step by step guide,etc. I also need to know if anyone here is selling a carriage on here for a reasonable price or if I can rent it from somewhere here in Florida.  If anyone even has blueprints I can build one, but I need some guidance in both of these areas. Thanks in advance for any help! 

• 2.  RE: Cinderella props and costumes

Posted 07-15-2017 06:12
    Hello Gina,

I'm in the same boat for next year so I've been researching it. I found this short little video that gives a pretty good idea of how it can be done.

https://youtu.be/rTzOMnS9WQ8?list=FL_NoR82G7tuQk2V4FJZHToA

It looks like you can start with the actual end dress and then add pieces to it that are for the dress you start with.

------------------------------
    Lynda Gibson
    Jr. Troupe 88305
    Flushing MI

• 3.  RE: Cinderella props and costumes

Posted 07-16-2017 08:01
    We did the show several years ago and worked with a very small budget. The carriage we made was created by building a sturdy base, with sturdy heavy duty wheels. For the carriage itself , I purchased a gold metal twin size princess bed from Amazon. It was decorated with flowers, ribbon, and gold fabric.During the show run we held a silent auction to win the bed. On closing the bed (minus the base, wheels, and horses) went home with a happy little girl and we had our investment back. Just an idea for your consideration, email if you have any questions. I will be glad to send photos.

Laurie Tyson
    Theatre Director
    Henry County Board of Education
    McDonough GA

• 4.  RE: Cinderella props and costumes

Posted 07-17-2017 05:46
    I'd be very interested in seeing pictures of your carriage and the bed.  Do you know if it is still available to purchase from Amazon?

Lynda Gibson
    Jr. Troupe 88305
    Flushing MI

• 5.  RE: Cinderella props and costumes

Posted 07-16-2017 09:42
    I've seen carriages formed around a golf cart for Cinderella.

Susan Ledford
    Troupe Director
    Maryville IL