Open Forum

View Only

Pride and Prejudice again - Which version?

• 1.  Pride and Prejudice again - Which version?

Posted 01-26-2017 09:51
    Emily Olson's P&P question elsewhere on the Forum reminded me of one of my own.

My theater group has been green-lighted to produce "Pride and Prejudice" this fall. It was a title suggested by the decision-making body, without a specific script attached, so we have been hunting for one.

Playscripts has its two versions, which we are likely to choose between, and though I have not yet read the entirety of both, there's very different things to like about each of them.

I'm familiar with Jon Jory, from his vast body of work on my script shelf and his contributions to Dramatics and this board. I am also familiar with Joseph Hanreddy and J.R. Sullivan, having acted under both of them when I lived and worked in Wisconsin. This isn't a "who's better" question because I'd frankly be thrilled to do either version.

For those who have also struggled with this decision, what were your pros and cons as you considered your "Pride and Prejudice" selection? Why did you choose the version you did?

------------------------------
    Josh Kauffman
    Teacher
    Winfield AL
    ------------------------------