Open Forum

Β View Only
  • 1.  Fun ways to get applause

Posted 08-04-2017 15:44
    I know that many of you have started the 2017-2018 school year, and many of you are ending your well-deserved Summer rest and relaxation. All need applause each day for the magic you create for your students.

I would like to share with you some fun ways to receive applause. I recently had the privilege of delivering a keynote speech to the Indiana Chapter Leadership gathering and shared the following.
    It makes me smile in recognition. 

CURTAIN UP

WANT TO RECEIVE A STANDING OVATION? Sure-Fire Fun Ways To Get Applause.

Cast young children, the smaller the better. Put older people onstage singing and dancing. Have a character undergo a makeover in Act II.

Incorporate any number in which actors dance really fast, sing fast, talk fast, and/or dramatically slam doors.

Stage an actress singing on a staircase. Stage a long smooch, particularly effective if it follows a stage slap.

Use water and umbrellas, not necessarily together. Use fog, lasers, and/or flying actors.

Include any moving vehicle. Use an animal, any animal. Have the animal make a noise.

Include a moment in which all cast members join hands. Display the flag in a patriotic way.

*Source unknown

Applause for you each day. 

------------------------------
    Gai Jones
    gai.jones@sbcglobal.net
    gai@gaijones.com

www.gaijones.com

------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Fun ways to get applause

Posted 08-05-2017 05:21
    Love. This. List.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

thanks, Gai