Open Forum

View Only

Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella on Disney+ | #Cinderella1997

• 1.  Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella on Disney+ | #Cinderella1997

Posted 02-04-2021 12:20

When my mom told me I could stay up late to watch the new version of Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella on November 2, 1997, I knew I was in for something special. While the commercials on my well-loved VHS tape haven't aged well (remember the Game Boy Pocket?), I'll never forget what it felt like to watch musical theatre history in the making. Brandy, Whitney Houston, Paolo Montalban, Bernadette Peters, Jason Alexander, Whoopi Goldberg, Victor Garber, and the rest of this incredible cast introduced Rodgers & Hammerstein to a new generation while changing the industry forever.

I'm so thrilled to share that you'll soon be able to share this groundbreaking film with your students: Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella will begin streaming exclusively on Disney+ starting on February 12.

Did you know that Concord Theatricals licenses four versions of Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella? Three full-length versions - one of which was inspired by the 1997 film- and a 60-minute Youth edition. Explore their similarities and differences in this article in Breaking Character, and feel free to reach out to us at K12@concordtheatricals with any questions!

------------------------------
    Rosemary Bucher
    Amateur Licensing Coordinator
    ------------------------------