Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Crazy for You String Bass

Posted 02-07-2020 08:26
    Anyone out there have ideas on renting or building or borrowing this prop ?? I have tried many avenues and so far no luck ...

---------------------------------
    Toni Thomas
    English Teacher, Theatre Director

West Branch MI
    ---------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Crazy for You String Bass

Posted 02-07-2020 13:32
    we are in production right now and our orchestra teacher was very willing to lend an old one they used for beginners..is something along that line feasible?

by the way...our audiences are loving this show!

good luck!

------------------------------
    Brian Cappello
    Grandview MO

• 3.  RE: Crazy for You String Bass

Posted 02-08-2020 07:45
    I wish ... we are in rural northern Michigan and there are no orchestras close to us. Our band director threw away the one in the band room a few years back because it didn't work ... I was devastated to hear that ... 

It is a great show though! We are having a blast with it! Worst case scenario is we use an old cello that was offered I guess ...

Toni Thomas
    English Teacher, Theatre Director
    West Branch MI

• 4.  RE: Crazy for You String Bass

Posted 02-08-2020 12:35
    how about this idea?  just talked to our tech director...

he suggested going time period and just using a washtub, broom handle, and string.  it fits in the rest of the show, like when during "I Got Rhythm" the trio uses a saw, plunger, and air pump.

just a thought!  Break a leg!

Brian Cappello
    Grandview MO

• 5.  RE: Crazy for You String Bass

Posted 02-08-2020 17:02
    When we did it a few years ago, our orchestra director had an old one we used.

--
    Rob Gentry
    Director of Theatre
    Perrysburg High School
    13385 Roachton Road
    Perrysburg, OH 43551
    419.874.3181 ext 5105
    Confidentiality NoticeThis message may contain student personally identifiable information that is confidential. Such information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, printing, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email message in error, please immediately notify me by telephone at 419-874-9131. Please also delete the message from your computer. Thank you.

Confidentiality NoticeThis message may contain student personally identifiable information that is confidential. Such information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, printing, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email message in error, please immediately notify me by telephone at 419-874-9131. Please also delete the message from your computer. Thank you.