Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  State Records/By-Laws?

Posted 02-03-2020 14:10
    Where can I find regulations covering State Festivals? Things such as fees and fines, procedures for disputes, etc. Are they posted somewhere?

------------------------------
    Christina Ludwig
    Director of Drama
    Ft. Myers FL

• 2.  RE: State Records/By-Laws?

Posted 02-04-2020 09:13
    On that State's website would be the first place to check. If it isn't posted reaching out to your Chapter Director(s) or other board members.

Kristi Jacobs-Stanley
    Louisiana Co-Chapter Director

• 3.  RE: State Records/By-Laws?

Posted 02-04-2020 12:13
    Our chapter website here in Florida is floridathespians.com.  I haven't been able to find the by-laws there, but fees and such are quoted on the state festival registration pages, which are posted there.  If you are the director of a Thespian troupe, your district Thespian chair can probably access the by-laws for you.  Our "chain of command" here in Florida always asks troupe directors to go through their district chairs with questions about state operations.

• 4.  RE: State Records/By-Laws?

Posted 02-04-2020 14:08
    Not getting a response from the district chair. That's why I posted here.

• 5.  RE: State Records/By-Laws?

Posted 02-05-2020 09:28
    Christina,

Our State By-laws can be found under the Board of Directors Tab on our Website. Here is a direct link: https://floridathespians.com/florida-state-thespian-society-inc-2018-by-laws-docx/

Your question though is about Late fees, etc. That is more of an operational thing you won't be able to find in our governing policy.

The Florida Thespian State Festival expects over 10000 people at this year's festival. Everyone has to meet those deadlines to make that happen.

In January of 2012, our board of directors under Chapter Director Daron Hawkins saw it fit to establish late fees for materials. If anything was missing the registration was deemed "late" and received a $100 Fee. Each line item that was missing, or piece of registration (invoice, signature page, check, etc) received an addition $75.
    This policy has been in place since then and is reviewed each August. All fees for our festival are approved each August.

In Florida, after each board meeting, the District Chairs communicate changes, rules, and fees to their districts. They also are the first point of contact for Troupe Directors. However, you can always send emails to info@floridathespians.com if you have questions.

I hope that clears up any misunderstanding about our fees in Florida for anyone else who may have questions.

Randall Adkison
    Theatre Director
    Tampa FL

• 6.  RE: State Records/By-Laws?

Posted 02-07-2020 07:47
    This would be a good place to start:
    https://www.schooltheatre.org/communities/community-home/librarydocuments?LibraryKey=6ac7c277-9cff-4fba-99e3-78512313d8c9

I haven't found actual State By-Laws yet but will keep looking.

Guy Barbato
    Theatre Teacher/Director
    Leonardtown MD