Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Transformation dress?

Posted 03-19-2017 21:36
    Does anyone know of a costumer who rents the transformation dresses for Cinderella? 
    We are considering the Broadway version for fall but I would love to check out the availability of the dress first.  it  uses two dresses that spin from tatters to glam.; one  for the Hag who turns into the Godmother. Thanks for the help finding resources!
    Best, Nell Lynch

• 2.  RE: Transformation dress?

Posted 03-20-2017 05:19
    Just finished the show--have all costumes and 3 transformation dresses
    David_Masterson@cjuhsd.net

------------------------------
    David Jerome Masterson
    Department Chair of Performing Arts
    Chaffey High School
    Ontario CA

• 3.  RE: Transformation dress?

Posted 03-20-2017 05:24
      |   view attached
    1 of 2 for Cinderella-----plus custom made for the hag in Act 2

David Jerome Masterson
    Chaffey High School
    Ontario CA

• 4.  RE: Transformation dress?

Posted 03-20-2017 05:45
      |   view attached
    Hag and Cinderella Transformation from Act 1--Have Act 2 Pink to Gold dress for Cinderella as well
    ------located in Ontario, California
    David.Masterson@cjuhsd.net

David Jerome Masterson
    Chaffey High School
    Ontario CA

Attachment(s)

• 5.  RE: Transformation dress?

Posted 03-20-2017 09:14
    I have both Cinderella peasant-to-white and stepsister-to-gold as well as the Crazy Marie-to-fairy godmother, but I don't have multiple sizes. What sizes are your Cinderella and Godmother?

Janet Wood
    Drama Director, Columbia Jr/Sr High School

Regalia Costumers
    Columbia, PA 17512
    717- 406-8494

• 6.  RE: Transformation dress?

Posted 03-21-2017 10:43
    I also have all three, but ours were custom made for our Cinderella, and the stepsister to gold one was made to match the same dress for the stepsister in a completely different size.  I would be willing to rent them if they were a fit.   I'm willing to give advice on how we made ours work, but basically it was the same technique as the video posted above for the peasant to ball change (although ours was white).  And the gold dress was a trick in and of itself because of the skirt having to be torn off first!  

Our godmother transformation was a bit simpler.  She had the fancy dress on underneath a tattered cloak the whole time and there was a one-hand release on the hooded cloak that she pulled while turning and just dropped the cloak on the floor.  It was technically the least complicated of the changes, but always got a tremendous response.  We opted to do that rather than having the cloak become the undergarment for the dress basically just for simplicity and time of construction needed.

Good luck!  Let me know if I can help. 

Amy Bussey
    Stuarts Draft VA