Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Ideas for virtual performances and scripts for Zoom performances

Posted 04-08-2020 09:50
    Hi All!
    I'm seeing lots of posts about virtual performances and scripts and yet when I am following leads (Playscripts, etc.,) I am coming up empty handed. We were supposed to do The Actor's Nightmare/The Real Inspector Hound in May.  A major focal point of my small, independent school is theater (like football at a public school!)  They are used to doing professional, sophisticated material. Our program is college-prep, with many students going off to study at conservatories and BFA programs after HS. 
    I would love some guidance and specific help here! I know you super-creative people are doing amazing things! I can't wait to hear about them!

------------------------------
    [Micki] [McMillan]
    [Theatre Department Chair]
    [Solebury School]
    [New Hope] [PA]

• 2.  RE: Ideas for virtual performances and scripts for Zoom performances

Posted 04-09-2020 08:27
    Hi!
    I teach at the same type of independent school with the same kinds of focus. Fortunately for us, our show closed March 7th - just under the wire. I feel so badly for you all caught in this situation. If your show was owned by Concord Theatricals - they are begrudgingly offering other schools (including my MS) streaming rights - pricey and I don't think they are then refunding the original rights fees (they have not proven to be very cooperative since they bought up all the other companies). Other rights holders are working with the schools for Zoom type performances. I am assuming you contacted yours, but give Dramatists a try. They seem to be very flexible. Good Luck

Janetta Davis
    Columbus School for Girls
    Theater Program Coordinator
    Bexley OH