Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Edward Tulane - I need bunnies!

Posted 09-24-2019 10:09
    We have selected THE MIRACULOUS JOURNEY OF EDWARD TULANE for our summer 2020 Student Theatre production. While it's still many months in the future, I'm hoping to get a start on options for bunnies that other theatres may have to loan out so I can accurately budget for the year. I appreciate any options you all have to share!

------------------------------
    Sara Reuschel
    Quincy IL

• 2.  RE: Edward Tulane - I need bunnies!

Posted 09-26-2019 11:32
    Sara, this is a tough one! My grandmother has a porcelain rabbit doll from her childhood that I imagine is similar to the one in this play (but it's a female rabbit). I searched Etsy and Ebay to find similar ones, I didn't have any luck finding male rabbits. I did, however, find this on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/MANGELSENS-Craft-PORCELAIN-RABBIT-BROWN/dp/B01GKAIJLK/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=porcelain+rabbit+doll&qid=1569511444&s=gateway&sr=8-1

You could possibly use those and make your own stuffed body (or use a doll's body?). Maybe antique stores or flea markets would also be a good place to search since it appears that this kind of rabbit isn't very common anymore.

Ginny Butsch
    Community Engagement Manager
    Educational Theatre Association
    Alexandria KY

• 3.  RE: Edward Tulane - I need bunnies!

Posted 09-28-2019 08:23
    Sara, 
    i am directing "Edward" this Fall and our wonderful art dept is creating 7 costumed rabbits for me!. If you e mail me at Davidhe@boe.richmond.k12.ga.us I can discuss lending them to you!
    what a beautiful show,right????

Heather Davidson
    Drama Faculty
    Davidson Fine Arts School
    Augusta,GA.