Open Forum

View Only

BLESSINGS FROM THE PANDEMIC by Rich Orloff

• 1.  BLESSINGS FROM THE PANDEMIC by Rich Orloff

Posted 04-07-2021 12:42

Excerpted from our in-school on-line news, Pioneer Outlook, a piece on our Spring Show (presented March 19-28 as a video-on-demand download):

"(T)hose who worked on the play [BLESSINGS FROM THE PANDEMIC, by Rich Orloff] think that its message, which centers around the pandemic and other events from 2020 as well as the feelings associated with them, was important to get out. 'The audiences will enjoy the sincerity of our performers, speaking in their own voice and providing insight into how they actually feel, the uplifting and positive message of the entire piece, and they'll also enjoy the humor of many of these pieces,' theatre director 
    Eric Christiansen said.

(A cast member), agrees. 'The aspect of this show that I enjoyed the most was how introspective it was,' he said. 'It was a really rewarding experience to take a closer look at my own feelings about the pandemic and how it has impacted me on an emotional level.'

The play is composed of many poems written by Rich Orloff, a renowned playwright whose pieces have been performed in the GHS theatre before. 'I have worked with the playwright, Rich Orloff, before, but it was a privilege to be the first high school in the country to be able to present his new work,' Christiansen said."

I highly recommend this show for your consideration - we had wonderful audience response and students really enjoyed being able to give personal voice to how they have been feeling over the past year.

For more information, check it out at  https://www.richorloff.com/blessings-from-the-pandemic/

-eric

------------------------------
    Eric Christiansen
    Greendale High School
    ------------------------------