Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Original Musical at Carlsbad High

Posted 09-04-2020 10:53
    Hello Theatre Hive Mind,

This group has been invaluable to me and I am reaching out once again. My students and I are working on an original musical for this Spring due to all the unknown and limitations that have been put on the musical (not to mention not getting our money back yet from Concord.) Does anyone know of any composers or artists who are musically inclined who are available to work with High School students? I know a little but getting an actual composer in there would be invaluable. I can afford a little bit to pay this composer/arranger. Let me know of any ideas! Thanks in advance!

------------------------------
    Matthew Fauls-Rivas
    Theatre Arts Teacher
    Carlsbad High School

• 2.  RE: Original Musical at Carlsbad High

Posted 09-06-2020 10:20
    It might be helpful to look into Lovewell Institute for the Creative Arts. www.lovewell.org   Lovewell does just this - writes original musicals with students for students. If working with them isn't possible, perhaps you'd learn about possible composers who could work with your students within your budget. All our budgets are so tight or non-existent this year. It's quite a challenge. Sending good wishes your way!

Kate Lindsay, Troupe #1476
    Salina High School South
    Salina, KS