Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Adult Membership

Posted 03-08-2021 17:36
    Hello,
    In the updated system, it's asking me to become a professional member when I'm a troupe director. On the website it says, "Each troupe is led by a Thespian troupe director, usually a theatre teacher at the school, who is granted professional member status in EdTA for the duration of his or her leadership of the troupe," so I'm wondering why it's asking me to pay a membership fee of $129 again when we paid for the troupe and my membership was included back in the fall. Does anyone know or can clarify? Thank you.

------------------------------
    Felicia Brown
    Theatre Teacher
    Trenton Central High School

• 2.  RE: Adult Membership

Posted 03-09-2021 09:39
    Hi Felicia,

You are correct that each person designated as the Troupe Director for an active Thespian Troupe is automatically a professional member of the Educational Theatre Association. If your member type is showing as "Troupe Director" (I just checked yours and it does show that way), then you are already a professional member of EdTA and able to access all EdTA member benefits. 

Can you clarify, though, where you are getting a message from the new system asking you to join EdTA and if you were logged in when you got that message? 

Best, 

Dan

Daniel Doerger
    Membership Outreach Manager
    Educational Theatre Association