Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Spelling Bee

Posted 07-27-2021 10:16
    Has anyone done Spelling Bee with an intermission?  Have you done it without the audience participation?

--
    Charles Puetzer
    Math Department
    Stage Manager
    Michigan City High School
    8466 W Pahs Road
    Michigan City, IN 46360
    (219) 873-2044, ext. 4360
    cpuetzer03@mcas.k12.in.us

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the exclusive and confidential use for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, distribute or take action in reliance upon this message. If you have received this in error, please notify us immediately by return email and promptly delete this message and its attachments from your computer system. There is no waiver of attorney-client or other privilege by the transmission of this message.

• 2.  RE: Spelling Bee

Posted 07-28-2021 06:34
    I added an intermission after snack time is announced. My actors stayed in character and went out into the audience and interacted with them. We had a concession stand and some of the actors tried to convince audience members to buy them a snack. Olive kept asking people if her dad was there. Chip had snacks he was trying to sell. It was super fun. This was all pre pandemic though.

NWLSD Mission
    The Northwest Local School District will create a responsive learning community where all students are valued, challenged and guided along a pathway to success.

NWLSD Core Beliefs:
    - We believe students and staff excel best when they feel welcomed in the building, safe in their classrooms and trustful of each other
    - We believe all students and staff can learn and deserve opportunities to show and achieve success
    - We believe valuing diversity and working to understand one another is vital and important
    - We believe a high priority should be placed on providing holistic support to ensure success for all
    - We believe building and maintaining collaborative relationships with community members is foundational to teaching and learning in NWLSD

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message may contain confidential information, including, but not limited to, student personally identifiable information. Such information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, printing, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited. If you receive this e-mail message in error, please immediately notify me by telephone at 513-923-1000 to arrange for the return of the original document to me. Please also delete the message from your computer. Thank you.

Go Green! Print this email only when necessary. Thank you for helping Northwest Local Schools be environmentally responsible.

• 3.  RE: Spelling Bee

Posted 07-28-2021 11:03
    Hi Charles,

We just did Spelling Bee in May with an intermission after "The Prayer of the Comfort Counselor".  It makes sense because Panch yells "Snack break".  Act 2 starts with "Chip's Lament".  

Personally, I believe the audience volunteers are the best part of the show.  We arranged for teachers to be be our volunteers but cut it down to 2 per show because of Covid.  You can have so much fun roasting them.  The students, staff, and community went wild for them every performance!

Break a leg--it's such a FUN SHOW!!!

------------------------------
    Laura Russo
    Teacher/Director of Theatre Arts
    Chatham High School
    ------------------------------