Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Safe fire effect

Posted 12-16-2018 09:29
    Good morning! We are thinking about producing The Princess Bride and I am wondering if anyone has any ideas of how to create the fire effect of the fire swamp and later when they set Fezzik on fire at the castle gate. Any ideas would be appreciated. 

• 2.  RE: Safe fire effect

Posted 12-17-2018 05:36
    Saundra,

Sorry I'm unable to help with your question, but I was just curious where you were licensing the show from. I was under the impression there was no stage show other than the musical that fell through, and the new Disney led musical that’s in development. 

Best,
    Derek

------------------------------
    Derek Pickens
    Director of Drama
    Charleston SC

• 3.  RE: Safe fire effect

Posted 12-17-2018 06:09
    I am not sure how to handle the fire effect, but would love to know where you secured the stage rights for The Princess Bride as I have been searching for years trying to find out how to produce this play without violating copyright.

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.

• 4.  RE: Safe fire effect

Posted 12-17-2018 08:57
    As I've never seen the script I'm just guessing here...

Fire swamp - are you wanting like puffs of steam or like blazes?  Puffs - geyser lighting instruments are great!  blazes - you can add the color to the geyser or a flash pot.

Setting someone on fire?  Maybe use the small fire and ice movers (like for your yard at Halloween) but place him in front of a set piece that has a fogger hidden and pump it?

Kimberly Wibbenmeyer
    Sullivan MO