Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Theatre Covid procedures upon reopening!!??!!

Posted 07-09-2020 17:15
    Hey thespians,
    I am wanting to know what your covid reopening is looking like as far as what procedures and guidelines, etc. you are putting in place for reopening your school theatre spaces. Is your theatre also being used as a classroom? Also if you know of any procedures etc for any community or professional theatre organizations you may be a part of, that information would be helpful as well. Thank you for your input in advance!
    Danyale

--
    Danyale Taylor
    Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
    Theatre Technical Director 
    Pi-Tech Club Coordinator
    XK∏ Step Team Advisor 
    The Paideia School, Atlanta GA
    256-506-2031

• 2.  RE: Theatre Covid procedures upon reopening!!??!!

Posted 07-10-2020 07:34
    Hi Danyale.

I'm sure your post will get multiple responses. There is, of course, no one strategy for restarting school theatre programs, given the different needs, conditions, and expectations of every school community. You may already be aware of EdTA's Recommendationd for Reopening School Theatre Programs guide, but just in case you're not, here's the link to the guide: https://higherlogicdownload.s3.amazonaws.com/SCHOOLTHEATRE/7f9e7fa8-ea41-4033-b6a3-1ce9da6a7b6f/UploadedFiles/HPVMgpNDTw2FWro1JLiL_EdTA_ReOpen_Guide_2020_FINAL.pdf

The guide is certainly not the last word in what should and should not be done regarding the safe resumption of school-based theatre instruction and performance, but perhaps it can give some insight as to what might work best in your district, along with the input you may receive from your peers in this thread.

Best regards,
    Jim Palmarini

------------------------------
    James Palmarini
    Director of Educational Policy; Editor-at-Large - Teaching Theatre
    Educational Theatre Association
    Cincinnati OH

• 3.  RE: Theatre Covid procedures upon reopening!!??!!

Posted 07-11-2020 01:10
    Thank you. Yeah I have been researching. I am just curious what you all have to say. 

• 4.  RE: Theatre Covid procedures upon reopening!!??!!

Posted 07-13-2020 08:41
    I've found the EdTA guidance document very helpful. I'm also using information from our state music educator's association (some of which is coming from NAfME), Event Safety Alliance document, KY Healthy At Work Requirements for Venue and Event Spaces (we have a theatre in our district used by schools and community), and the Facebook group Theatre Education Distance Learning as well as this forum. Break A Leg! We're all in this together!

Jane Dewey
    Director of Arts Education
    Lexington KY

• 5.  RE: Theatre Covid procedures upon reopening!!??!!

Posted 07-13-2020 13:38
    Thank you