Open Forum

View Only

Career Opportunity - Full Time Faculty TD Position

• 1.  Career Opportunity - Full Time Faculty TD Position

Posted 06-22-2021 09:08
    Well, hello!

I am the theater director at Marist School in Atlanta, GA.  We have an opening for a full-time Technical Director, so I thought I'd put this info in front of this amazing group in hopes of finding our next great team member.  Our current TD is following his partner to a new career opportunity in the northeast.  

Here's the basic job description:

Marist school is seeking a creative, self-motivated, passionate individual to serve as Technical Director within a highly collaborative department. We seek candidates with experience in lighting, sound, and scenic construction. The ideal candidate will have experience with ION lighting consoles (with moving lights), digital sound consoles (Yamaha QL5), and Qlab show control software. Marist theater is home to three upper school productions, one middle school production, and two dance concerts. The technical director will also interact with facilities and campus ministry providing support for all-school events.

This is a full-time (teacher schedule) position, with full benefits and competitive salary.

Duties:

• Responsible for designing and implementing all technical aspects (except costumes) for the theater program.
    • Mentor student production crews in a safe and inclusive environment.
    • Instruct students in construction techniques and tool use, lighting technology and programming, sound technology and programming, and stage management duties.
    • Provide technical support for chorus, band, and dance concerts.
    • Provide sound support for occasional assemblies and masses including full band and chorus.
    • Assist in planning upgrades to the auditorium.
    • Maintain all existing theater infrastructure and production budgets.
    • Coordinate schedules and needs for infrequent non-performance use of theater,
    • Teaches one production class in the first term of the school year.
    • Occasional evening and weekend hours.
    There's a bit more info at Employment.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have ANY questions about this opportunity, or our community in general.  

Thanks!
    Marist remove preview
    Employment
    test
    View this on Marist >

------------------------------
    Eric McNaughton
    Theatre Director
    Marist School
    mcnaughtone@marist.com
    ------------------------------