Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Clue (non-musical) Set Design

Posted 02-21-2019 11:25
    If anyone would be willing to share images of your set design for the play, "Clue," I would greatly appreciate it.  I am considering it as our spring show for next year, but I would really like to see some solutions for all the rooms/doors/etc. before I make any final decisions.  (Also, perhaps pros/cons for reasons I should/should not choose this play)

Thank you for your consideration.  If you don't want to post them here, you can email them to me at: lronca@ballard.k12.ia.us

------------------------------
    Lisa Ronca
    Ballard High School
    Huxley, IA

• 2.  RE: Clue (non-musical) Set Design

Posted 02-21-2019 12:18
    I'll let you in on a secret...

I'm a full-time set designer, and, as part of my initial research before designing a show, I google (in your case) "Clue set design," and usually lots of photos come up. Now, I don't use these for inspiration -- I use them mostly to see what others have done so I can start thinking "out of the box," but it does help. Back in the old days we would look thru books and magazine articles on other set designers to see what they were up to, but, with the web, we can do it a lot faster. Unfortunately, with the web, you do get the good and the bad mixed together.

Which is not to say that we've given up on print -- not at all.

With a period piece like this, you'll also want to look at a large number of photos of period interiors to get a sense of the architecture and decor. And if you can watch the movie, so much the better.

George F. Ledo
    Set designer
    www.setdesignandtech.wordpress.com
    www.georgefledo.net

• 3.  RE: Clue (non-musical) Set Design

Posted 02-22-2019 09:19
    I have not done the production but would like to help you out.  Is there a college close to your school?  I have brought in students to assist my crew and it has been a complete win/win situation. I do pay them a stipend to help pay for them to attend festivals, not sure what you budget is, but college students often need volunteer hours also.  Hope that is a possible solution.
    Kendra
    Romeo High