Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Ghostlight Resources

Posted 09-19-2017 19:27
    Greetings!

Thanks for an awesome conference, and thank you to the wonderful crowd of participants in the Ghostlight Project.

I have tried emailing all of the names, but I'm still getting 12 Mail Delivery failures. So, either your handwriting indicates you're a genius, or you put a fake one down, or I can't read occasionally. So I've added the same resources I used for my class that I put in the email. 

This first one is a link to the article I wrote for the Ghostlight Project for Samuel French's Breaking Character magazine. 

Shining The Light: How One Teacher Brought The Ghostlight Project To His High School - Breaking... On January 19, 2017, The Ghostlight Project encouraged theaters across the nation to shine a light for unity. Educator Phillip Goodchild took heart in the initiative and set out to bring it to ... breakingcharactermagazine.com          

This link is for the Ghostlight project website itself, which has a bunch of excellent resources, including a list of advocacy and action groups BY STATE, so if you want to start something in the classroom and then adopt-a-cause locally, this is just priceless. 

https://theghostlightproject.com

Then there are two PowerPoint presentations, one that I used for the conference, and the stripped down one I use for my students. 

And then there are some photos of our participants with their Action Statements (I am...I Fight For Statements). If those in attendance would like to, please add to the discussion what you wrote down, as we ran out of time to share those! Add in the comments what you wrote, and maybe a selfie of yourself with your I Am poster in the thread below...and anyone else who wants to, if you did one...!

------------------------------
    Phillip Goodchild
    Theatre Arts Instructor

Etobicoke ON
    ------------------------------

Attachment(s)

pptx
    Ghost light project.pptx   16.04 MB 1 version