Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Macbeth meets Star Wars/Immersive Romeo & Juliet

Posted 03-22-2020 22:26
    I posted our version of Macbeth that we staged in the Star Wars universe to youtube.  We also did an Immersive Romeo & Juliet years ago that took place through our entire school with text messaging being a main cause of the tragic events.  We had the audience register sign up for text messages through Remind as they moved throughout the school. Feel free to share and use either in an online lesson or however you see fit.  Everyone be strong and stay safe.  Much love and light to you all.

Entire Show 12/14/19 - Macbeth: The Scottish Play in a Galaxy Far, Far Away
    YouTube remove preview
    Entire Show 12/14/19 - Macbeth: The Scottish Play in a Galaxy Far, Far Away
    BCIT Medford's Academy of Performing Arts Macbeth: The Scottish Play in a Galaxy Far, Far Away Macbeth - Jared Jefferson Lady Macbeth - Sarah Murray Macduff ...
    View this on YouTube >

Immersive version of Romeo & Juliet - 2015 Award Winner
    YouTube remove preview
    Immersive version of Romeo & Juliet - 2015 Award Winner
    Burlington County Institute of Technology - Medford's School of Performing Arts presented an immersive theatre adaptation of Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet on ...
    View this on YouTube >

------------------------------
    Scott F. Cooney
    NJ State Thespian State Board
    CTE Acting/Theatre Instructor
    BCIT Medford Academy of Performing Arts
    Medford, NJ

• 2.  RE: Macbeth meets Star Wars/Immersive Romeo & Juliet

Posted 03-23-2020 13:34
    Thank you very much for sharing, Scott! I love it when people think outside the box! I know a lot of English teachers that are struggling because Shakespeare is how they usually end their year.

Jennifer Vernon
    Piggott AR

• 3.  RE: Macbeth meets Star Wars/Immersive Romeo & Juliet

Posted 03-23-2020 16:07
    I teach both Dramatic Arts and Engish at my school. We had just finished Macbeth in my Honors English class and I know they are going to love your contemporary Macbeth. I am ever so thankful that you shared your performance, and especially at this time. THANK YOU>

Jeffrey Nattania
    Drama Teacher
    LCPS
    Sterling VA

• 4.  RE: Macbeth meets Star Wars/Immersive Romeo & Juliet

Posted 03-24-2020 11:02
    This is Cory Wilkerson of EdTA - What fabulous resources!  Thank you so much for sharing.  You all might also like this link from the Globe which re-imagines a Lady MacBeth's monologue by combining it with manga.  https://globeplayer.tv/shakespearelives

Cory Wilkerson
    Education Manager
    Educational Theatre Association
    Palmyra PA

• 5.  RE: Macbeth meets Star Wars/Immersive Romeo & Juliet

Posted 03-24-2020 11:03
    Scott, 
    This is Cory Wilkerson, EdTA's Education manager.  May I ask if I might have permission to cite your video in an online lesson we are building about re-purposing Shakespeare?
    Thank you for considering!
    Cory

Cory Wilkerson
    Education Manager
    Educational Theatre Association
    Palmyra PA

• 6.  RE: Macbeth meets Star Wars/Immersive Romeo & Juliet

Posted 03-25-2020 15:23
    Absolutely.  Feel free to use any videos that I have on my Youtube channel.  I do not know if you remember me, but I attended the Bucks County Playhouse workshops with you this past fall.  Please, let me know if you need anything during this time.  I am willing to help out in any way, including creating online video lessons and content for distant learning.  All the best!

Scott F. Cooney
    NJ State Thespian State Board
    CTE Acting/Theatre Instructor
    BCIT Medford Academy of Performing Arts
    Medford, NJ

• 7.  RE: Macbeth meets Star Wars/Immersive Romeo & Juliet

Posted 03-29-2020 07:31
    Of course!  Thank you for reminding me, I should have made the connection right away!  Thank you as well for sharing.
    Stay well!
    Cory

Sent from my iPhone