Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  vocopro wireless mics

Posted 07-23-2018 09:58
    I am in the market for wireless headset mics and wanted to get everyone's opinion on a brand. Does anyone have any experience with vocopro wireless mics? Is there another brand that you'd suggest? I'm also in the market for a new sound board (looking for 10-12 channels) for our second space. Any suggestions? 

Cheers,
    -Riley

------------------------------
    W. Riley Braem, M.F.A.
    Director of Theatre
    Theatre Teacher
    Northwest High School
    Clarksville, TN

• 2.  RE: vocopro wireless mics

Posted 07-24-2018 12:48
    ​Walter,

I have not used that microphone before. We use the Shure ULXD1 units. We love them and Shure's customer support is amazing. They are not cheap but I have found you get what you pay for. They are very durable. We have loaned them to our local Middle and Elementary schools and they have survived.

Crit Fisher
    Lighting/Sound Designer
    New Albany High School

• 3.  RE: vocopro wireless mics

Posted 07-31-2018 22:49
    We recently upgraded our wireless microphones in our auditorium and bought a Vocopro system that is a 4 in 1.  It has a single unit that has 4 different microphone receivers with individual volume controls. This is nice if you have a smaller sound board because the 4 mikes only use up one input. We have both handheld mikes and headsets that can be used interchangeably.  We have only had it for a few months and really only used it for one production and have been very happy with it.

The only drawback is that you can only have one Vocopro hooked up.  If you were to buy another Vocopro system it would use the same frequencies. So we supplemented with single unit Sennheiser systems.

Both systems work well for us.

Hope this helps.

Andrew Kidd
    Teacher
    Levy County School Board
    Chiefland FL