Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Christmas Show - 3-4 Weeks

Posted 03-25-2019 16:29
    Hello everyone! 

I am toying with the idea of adding another show into our season. Our musical is always the 2nd weekend in November and then our play doesn't start rehearsing until the second week of January. I thought it might be fun to do a small cast Christmas Play. I have a lot of kids that don't do the musical because they don't like singing, but they love the play and I thought this would be a good opportunity for them to be more involved. I am looking at Don Zolidis' The Holiday Channel Christmas Movie Wonderthon.

I wanted to see if anyone had experience putting on a show in 3-4 weeks or less? How did you structure rehearsals. How prepared were your students for the start of rehearsal (already memorized etc.) Any other advice or warnings... 

Thank you for your help and suggestions. 

------------------------------
    Elizabeth Nelson
    Drama Teacher
    Shawnee Mission, KS

• 2.  RE: Christmas Show - 3-4 Weeks

Posted 03-26-2019 13:27
    I've done shows in 4 weeks - but it's tight.
    How about a reader's theatre adaptation of A Christmas Carol?

What school are you in? I graduated from Shawnee Mission Northwest in 1974. (It was the new high school then.)

Billy Houck
    Theatre Teacher, Retired
    Carmichael, CA

• 3.  RE: Christmas Show - 3-4 Weeks

Posted 03-26-2019 13:53
    I am the theater teacher at Bishop Miege High School, which is a Catholic High School in Shawnee Mission, KS. Thanks for the suggestion. I may look into that possibility as well!

Elizabeth Nelson
    Drama Teacher
    Leawood KS