Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Declaration Initiative - call for participants

Posted 10-12-2018 11:25
      |   view attached
    Fellow Theatre Educators,

As I posted last month, Jonathan Dorf's new play Declaration is the centerpiece of an initiative that he and I are putting together to support March For Our Lives. We are asking any and all theatre directors that are interested in potentially performing the show on either its premiere weekend or the anniversary of Parkland, to join us.

The initiative is for schools across the nation (and hopefully beyond) to perform the show and donate the proceeds to March for Our Lives. In order to better facilitate this, Jonathan is waiving the rights for schools participating in the Declaration Initiative.

Booktix is now also on board to help you make sure the funds go directly to March For Our Lives.

Thank you in advance for helping with this cause that effects us all.

I have included the one-sheet for you all. It details ways in which to participate. 

Yours in Art,

Jason

------------------------------
    Jason Robert LeClair, MA
    Artist/Arts Educator
    Director, Thespian Troupe 7444
    Membership Chairperson of the Educational Theatre Association Rhode Island Chapter
    Beacon Charter High School for the Arts
    Woonsocket, RI

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: Declaration Initiative - call for participants

Posted 10-17-2018 16:11
    Looking forward to doing this!  Thanks to Jason, Jonathan and all of those who are organizing this!

Derek Friederich
    Thespian Troupe 417/Speech Coach/Jr. High Drama/Fine Arts Center Technical Director
    Postville IA

• 3.  RE: Declaration Initiative - call for participants

Posted 10-18-2018 06:30
    Yikes. I wonder how you keep politics out of this play. Also, how is the donation to "March for our Lives" not a conflict of interest? As teachers, we are required and morally obligated to not let our politics affect our students' learning. The decision to produce this play and donate the proceeds would have to be student initiated and supported by a large majority.

Robert Lussier
    Drama Club Advisor
    Hanover Area School District
    Hanover Twp. PA