Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Free Webinar to Introduce Online Resources

Posted 08-07-2020 19:25
    The Projects with Jason Team is hosting a free webinar on Sunday, August 16 at 7 pm Eastern (4 pm Pacific) to introduce a range of resources being developed for educators by educators, leveraging unique opportunities for interaction with industry professionals.  Sign up at Projects with Jason to receive the link and join us!

------------------------------
    Jeff Hall
    Jesuit High School
    Portland OR

• 2.  RE: Free Webinar to Introduce Online Resources

Posted 08-08-2020 13:36
    This is exciting!  How long is the session?

Marjorie Treger
    Theatre Resource Teacher
    San Diego Unified School District
    San Diego CA

• 3.  RE: Free Webinar to Introduce Online Resources

Posted 08-09-2020 11:41
    Hello, 
    After looking at your email I have a question. Who is Jason? I have never heard of this group. I know its free but I have attended a few webinars lately that ended up being about reeling folks into sign up for an expensive membership. I don't know about you, but I am receiving  countless number of email propositions for all kinds of "help" during Covid. Do you know for sure that this is a reputable group? With school starting in a week, I can not waste anymore of my precious prep time.Thanks.

Teresa De Zarn
    Troupe Director
    Cincinnati OH

• 4.  RE: Free Webinar to Introduce Online Resources

Posted 08-09-2020 15:28
    Teresa -  

Valid concerns!  I feel your pain with respect to the onslaught of "helpful resources."  Check out the info at projectswithjason.com.  There are several educators on the team and I'm one of them (so yes, I can vouch for the group).  You'll see some other names and faces there who may be familiar.  We're a peer group that began creating online programming in late March, as we all started dealing with our new reality.  Our intent is to make sure access to that programming remains free to all, while creating a support structure to help sustain it into the future (none of us are being paid ... but there are expenses involved, and we want to be able to support artists, if only in a nominal way).  Everything will be spelled out in the email with the link to the webinar, so you can decide if the content will be valuable to you at this time.  I know time is a very precious commodity these days!  Regardless, check out the website (projectswithjason.com).  We're committed to preserving access to those resources for all, and are excited about some of the new projects being developed (which is mainly what the webinar is about).  Let me know if you have any questions.  

Thanks!

Jeff Hall
    Oregon
    Portland OR

• 5.  RE: Free Webinar to Introduce Online Resources

Posted 08-10-2020 21:28
    Jeff, 
    Thank you. I will check it. 

Teresa

Teresa De Zarn
    Troupe Director
    Cincinnati OH

• 6.  RE: Free Webinar to Introduce Online Resources

Posted 08-09-2020 15:28
    We're shooting for an hour ... perhaps 45 minutes with some Q&A or breakout following.

Jeff Hall
    Oregon
    Portland OR