Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Free venues for HS performance in NYC?

Posted 11-02-2018 13:33
    Hello fellow Thespian peeps!
    I have a Triple Threat Troupe that is traveling to NYC this spring.  We want to perform.  Do you know of any places that will let us do our thing, preferably for free?  
    We "tour" around our district to schools and senior centers and other venues with our "set" (singing, acting & dancing).  We would love to opportunity to showcase our set in NYC.
    Thanks in advance for any help!  Hope you're breaking legs with your fall productions!!

Thank you,

~Christie B.
    Teacher/Theatre Director
    Chopticon High School
    (301) 475-0215  x38157

The contents of this email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the named addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. Any unauthorized use, copying, disclosure, forwarding, or distribution of the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited by the sender and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail.

• 2.  RE: Free venues for HS performance in NYC?

Posted 11-03-2018 11:05
    Hi!

I live in the NYC area, and there are definitely plenty of senior citizen centers in Manhattan that would probably love to have entertainment.

Here's a list of nursing homes in Manhattan with contact info. It's somewhat of an old list with some that are closed down or under new names, but it's pretty comprehensive: Manhattan Nursing Homes - Nursing Homes - NYC Caregiver : Making it easier to care
    Nyc remove preview
    Manhattan Nursing Homes - Nursing Homes - NYC Caregiver : Making it easier to care
    View this on Nyc >

------------------------------
    Lynn Glener
    M.A. Applied Theatre Candidate, CUNY School of Professional Studies '19
    B.A. Theatre/Theatre Education, SUNY Potsdam '16
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Free venues for HS performance in NYC?

Posted 11-03-2018 14:42
    Free is nearly impossible. When? How large of a stage? Audience capacity?  How many performances? What is the running time?  Who is your target audience?  How will you advertise? Would you be open to Brooklyn?  I can help you find a free/low cost venue.