Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Accompaniment Recording for "State Fair"

Posted 05-01-2019 12:24

I find myself in a bit of a pickle. I teach at a small school were we can't even start a pit for our musicals, and since I teach both band and drama, I can't do both anyway. 

I chose "State Fair" as our spring musical next year, having very fond memories of it from my own high school experience. After reserving the show, however, I was told there were no accompaniment tracks to perform with. I am baffled by this, as I remember using accompaniment tracks in high school about 12 years ago. I can only assume back then the tracks were on CD, and they have moved away from that for security reasons.

Does anyone have any potential solutions for me? If you have an accompaniment CD from way back when, that would be sublime, but I'm willing to think outside the box as well. What do you think?

------------------------------
    Evan Felmet
    Drama Director

• 2.  RE: Accompaniment Recording for "State Fair"

Posted 05-08-2019 10:25
    This may be too late for you but there is a shortened version of this show.  I believe it's from R&H Music Library.  I'm sure there's an accompaniment tape but if you're doing the full show, perhaps you could contact them for help.  I know R&H has merged with someone but can't think of who right now.  ​

Valerie Scott
    Drama Teacher/Director
    Perimeter School
    Johns Creek, Ga