Open Forum

View Only

If you need a Guest Speaker or would like a writing workshop...

• 1.  If you need a Guest Speaker or would like a writing workshop...

Posted 08-12-2020 15:40
    Hi all -

If you're interested in welcoming a guest speaker to talk about writing for stage and screen (with a specialty in musicals and screenplays and an academic fascination with Star Wars), I am more than happy to oblige.

My two articles on dramatics.org touch on the how and why of writing, and my take on each:

What Star Wars Teaches About Musical theatre: The Five Journeys of Story Structure

https://dramatics.org/what-star-wars-teaches-about-musical-theatre/

Survival of our Species: Understanding Base Stories

https://dramatics.org/survival-of-our-species/

I can zoom in (literally or figuratively) for any number of options, whether you would like a one-hour overview and Q&A about the writing process and career, or more in-depth writing workshop for your students to create scenes and/or songs.

You can check out sammybuck.com/workshops for more info and/or reach out to me here.

Thanks so much and take care,

Sammy Buck
    sammybuck.com

More about me:
    With productions on five continents, Sammy Buck is an award-winning writer, teaching artist, and creator of Structure! The Musical: Everything You Need to Know About Musicals You Can Learn From Star Wars. He is the bookwriter/lyricist of Like You Like It (Broadway Licensing, Broadway Records) and StinkyKids The Musical (TRW, Off-Broadway Alliance Award for Best Family Show); bookwriter/co-lyricist of Small Town Story (American Theater Group/SOPAC, Richard Rodgers Award finalist); bookwriter of Leonard Bernstein's Cast Party (Roundabout); and lyricist of The Doll Maker's Gift (Rose Theater) and ... And Then I Wrote a Song About It (Luna, Diversionary). Films include Red Hook and Fade to White. An Emmy winner with TVLand digital, he also has mentored for ETC's Young Playwright's Festival. He is a member of BMI and The Dramatists Guild. Learn more at sammybuck.com.

------------------------------
    Sammy Buck
    New York NY
    ------------------------------