Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Presentation Daze

Posted 09-10-2019 11:59
    Might not be a great answer to this one, but let's kick this one onto the field and see who plays with it.

When my class of 22 has a solo performance project, once it comes due it might take three days for everyone to perform, depending on the complexity of the project, setup/takedown, and so forth.

For those in a similar boat, do you encounter any fatigue from the class by the third day? No matter how good the product, I usually encounter a lower energy on the back end of the presentation schedule. How do you keep the energy fresh?

------------------------------
    Josh Kauffman
    Teacher
    Winfield AL

• 2.  RE: Presentation Daze

Posted 09-10-2019 12:48

I would suggest to possibly think about three different locations within your school where you could potentially do the presentations. If the presentation is simply informative than this should be fairly easy. If they are performance based than it would allow the students to learn how anyplace can become a stage. Be creative and ask the Athletics department to use one of their spaces. Use the Library. Use the conference room in the main office. The face that a new location is thrown on top of everything it may help with keeping the day fresh and different form the previous one. Not sure if this helps at all or can serve your needs. This was just what came to mind.

Wish all the best!

Erick

• 3.  RE: Presentation Daze

Posted 09-10-2019 17:11
    Fatigue with a capital F. We do not perform them over three consecutive days. We do M, W and F. Amazing what a day will do. Also our producing director has copious amounts of gummy bears and diet soda.  ​

Crit Fisher
    Lighting/Sound Designer
    New Albany High School