Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Pairing(s) for SILENT SKY

Posted 10-10-2018 13:23
    Okay, I just finished Silent Sky, and I love it. I know it has a really small cast, but I'm willing to do two or even three shows in rep to offer opportunities to all my actors. So who has suggestions of shows that might make sense with Sky? Similar writing style, character development, etc. Doesn't have to follow the astronomy theme, but I still need things with strong female casts.

Things I'm already considering: Blue Stockings, These Shining Lives, Miss Holmes, Sense and Sensibility. But I need more suggestions! :-)

------------------------------
    Cassy Maxton-Whitacre
    Theatre Department Coordinator
    Fishersville VA

• 2.  RE: Pairing(s) for SILENT SKY

Posted 10-10-2018 16:07
    The playwright, Lauren Gunderson, has a number of other superlative plays about historical women in science including Emilie: La Marquise du Châtelet Defends Her Life Tonight and Ada and the Machine.  What about a Lauren Gunderson season?  She is one of the most widely produced living playwrights, and also very active on social media.  She might correspond with your casts and be a good resource.  I am so jealous; now I want to do this!

Elana Kepner
    Theatre Instructor
    The Oakwood School
    Greenville NC

• 3.  RE: Pairing(s) for SILENT SKY

Posted 10-11-2018 06:47
    Look at Crimson Thread.  I can't remember the playwright off hand. It's written for two actors to play different generations of women in the same family starting with a pair of sisters, one of whom leaves Ireland and the other one stays. I've done the show with three girls, but you could do it with six.

Holly Thompson
    Worthington OH

• 4.  RE: Pairing(s) for SILENT SKY

Posted 10-13-2018 12:59
    On the Verge is almost the same cast (3 women 1 man) and is more abstract but would pair well in my humble opinion 

If you want to huge challenge you could do Arcadia  -  larger cast but similar in subject matter  to silent  sky

Brandon Becker
    Denver CO