Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Clue HS Edition Script vs Clue on Stage Script

Posted 09-19-2021 22:31
    Are there two versions of Clue?  Clue vs Clue On Stage???  I received the script with a NEWSCASTER in the beginning.  I don't want that one.  Any thoughts where I can find the other one? Was ordered through Playscripts/Broadway Licensing.

------------------------------
    Michael Olender
    Choral/Theatre Arts Director
    Lacey Township High School
    NJ

• 2.  RE: Clue HS Edition Script vs Clue on Stage Script

Posted 09-20-2021 07:34
    Hello!

We are also doing CLUE for our fall show... and we wanted the version with the Newscaster.  That seems to be the ONLY version being licensed right now - you can "read for free" on the Broadway Licensing website (minus the last scene)  - and all of the versions available include this intro.  Doesn't matter if it is Stay-At-Home, High School on Onstage.  The copyright is recent (2019 or 2020) so this must be one of the recent updates - because I had an older copy than my co-director, and our pages didn't line up when I did the scene breakdown... that is how we discovered that my 2018 version was different than her recent order.  As we finalized the cast list, we realized that the older one includes an "Auxiliary Mustard" on the character list that does not appear in the newer version either.
    Best,
    Missy

Melissa Mintzer
    Penn Manor High School

• 3.  RE: Clue HS Edition Script vs Clue on Stage Script

Posted 09-20-2021 08:47
    We were one of the first high schools to do this play when they made the rights available, in fall 2018. The script was fresh off the presses then, and it seemed likely that there would be rewrites, as the version we did was already substantially different from the version at the Bucks County Playhouse where the play had its premiere.

There was no Newscaster role, and the script did call for auxiliary versions of some of the characters, but specifically how to use them seemed fairly confusing to us. I'm not surprised to hear they've dropped those.

Scott Harris
    Theatre Director
    Rye Neck High School
    NY

• 4.  RE: Clue HS Edition Script vs Clue on Stage Script

Posted 09-21-2021 10:17
    Hi, Missy and All - in the current version of Clue (both the regular and High School Editions), there is an "Auxiliary Mustard" in the Cast List as one of Ensemble Man 2's roles. Just thought I would let you know!
    Amy

Amy Allen Cano
    Director of Productions
    Whitfield School
    St. Louis, MO